Personal Insurance Checklist for COVID-19
Your Property Insurance
As a result of the requirement to self-isolate or quarantine to stop the spread of COVID-19, you may not be at your own residence or not able to visit your secondary residence. A vacant property can create issues with your insurance coverage and damage may occur if the property is unattended.
What to Consider:
- Vacancy – Many insurance policies have specific criteria and timelines for vacant properties. If a property is left vacant for an extended period of time it must be inspected inside and out. The timeline for vacancy varies by company but it can be as little as 72 hours. Check your policy or check with your broker to ensure you are in compliance with your policy.
- Accessibility – Most insurance policies will have a requirement to ensure the property is accessible to emergency service vehicles. If the access is not maintained the policy may not respond to a loss.
If you are going to be away from you property for an extended period of time (72 hours or more) it is important you consider doing the following:
- Turn off your main water supply
- Even a small amount of heat in the building can prevent damage to your property. Don’t turn off your heat if you can help it.
- Ensure your sump pump is in good working order if you have one.
- Install a high-water alarm on your sump pump. Many of these will alert you through your cell phone
- Ensure your smoke/fire alarms are working
- During the spring snow melt and rainy season, ensure your eaves troughs and entrances are clear of ice and snow.
- We highly recommend monitored intrusion alarms. If you have one, make sure it is set and if you don’t have one consider getting one.
- Ensure your property is well lit. Timers are an effective way to control your lighting and ensure your property is lit at appropriate times.
- Always ensure your property is accessible to emergency services
It is important to understand the conditions and requirements of your policy to ensure you will have coverage when you need it.
As the situation changes we will be in contact with you.
Have questions? Get in touch, we are here for you.
We value your privacy
To ensure that you have the proper coverage for your dance studio, we will work with you to cover all of the bases. Managing a small, thriving business is hard enough, we will get you covered on the insurance side.
When looking for the right insurance coverage for your Martial Arts club, make sure you have the right coverage for you, instructors, and students. Many policies offer “full coverage” while excluding liability coverages; which in the event of a claim will leave you vulnerable to financial losses. *Excludes MMA
There are more hazards than suds in a Laundromat. Machine malfunctions, ruined clothing, slip and fall liability are just a few of them. However, one of the saddest situations we ever heard was a situation when one hard-working laundromat owner only dutifully insured his washers, dryers and pressers.
How long will your Markham auto wash business last if you can’t wash any cars? This is just the type of question that car wash insurance can answer and protect you from.
Our commercial agents will be able to find the most comprehensive product at a competitive price for your unique needs. With our exposure to a wide range of insurance companies, we are able to get the most competitive premium for your vehicles.
As a contractor, each job you win brings in extra money but it also brings extra risk. The same contractor’s insurance that protected you for a one-man project may not protect you during your new multi-year commercial deal.
Even when an electrician finishes a job, there is plenty more work to be done. You may have tightened up the last wires and flipped the switch but the liability from your work goes on and on. That is why you need a great electricians insurance policy.
Farming is hard work. We get it. We want to make it easy to make good insurance decisions. We will work hard to make sure you are covered with the right coverage that fits your needs.
When establishing yourself as a professional property manager, it is important to acquire appropriate insurance to protect your business, yourself and the properties you manage for others.
As a restaurateur, you know that there are many ingredients needed to run a successful business. Don’t get caught overlooking a critical piece by exposing your restaurant to unneeded risks–get a restaurant insurance policy.
When an employee steals from you it hurts. In addition to being a violation of trust, it costs you. Not only does it hurt because of product loss but it can result in higher insurance costs because of persistent claims.
If you already own a salon or barbershop then you already know how seriously your clients take their hair and looks. You probably also know the growing number of lawsuits being filed by some dissatisfied clients.
Your law firm deals with liability every day as part of its business but have you taken care of the liability in your business? A lawyers professional liability policy can give you the peace of mind that your firm can survive a lawsuit arising from a liability claim.
One thing that a Montessori school and a Montessori insurance program have in common is that no two are created equal. Finding the best Montessori school insurance coverage requires some due diligence and asking the right questions. We can help.
As an auto dealer, you have some obvious risks since the value of your business sits on display in showrooms and on open lots each day and night. But does your auto dealer insurance policy also consider the liability inherent in business transactions?
Your liability in towing and recovery comes from the vehicles you drive, the cargo you tow and the property you garage. Each poses risks that you can protect against by having the right towing business insurance coverage.
If you are managing one or more Airbnb properties, you may need more than the insurance coverage that is offered by Airbnb. Extra insurance will help you in the event of flooding, theft or personal injury by Airbnb guests. Make sure you learn the facts and get the coverage you need.
Do you serve on a board of directors? Whether it is paid or volunteer, you are in charge of the direction of a particular organization and can be held liable for financial losses, wrongful dismissal, discrimination, breaches of environmental or tax law and more. Make sure you have the proper insurance coverage.